Travel to the Conference
Flying to Ithaca:
The Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport (ITH) is the local airport. Please visit www.flyithaca.com for additional information. The most commonly used local taxi service is Ithaca Dispatch, they can be reached at (607) 272 2277. Uber is available in Ithaca and surrounding areas. As well, there is an app called Red Route which can be used to call and pay for a local taxi.
All hotels with conference room blocks offer airport shuttles. Please call ahead to your hotel to secure arrangements.
Other Regional Airports:
Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) is 60 miles, or approximately a 1 hour and 12 minute drive away from Cornell Law School. There is a shuttle service between Ithaca and the Syracuse Airport run by Ithaca Airline Limousine. You can also request a Syracuse Airport pickup through Ithaca Dispatch. If you opt to take a taxi, we recommend calling ahead of time. There are several rental car companies on-site at the airport: Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, and Thrifty.
Elmira Corning Regional Airport (ELM) is 36 miles, or approximately a 50 minute drive away from Cornell Law School. The Elmira Corning Regional Airport has the following rental car companies on-site: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, and National. Their recommended taxi services are Bill's Transportation (607) 731 8801 and Terp's Enterprise 607 795 4426. Additionally, you can arrange for a private car to take you from Elmira to your hotel through ELS limo, call (607) 753 9180 to make your reservation.
Greater Binghamton Airport (BIN) is 40 miles, or approximately a 54 minute drive away from Cornell Law School. They have several recommended taxi services. There are also rental cars from Avis, Hertz, and Budget on-site. Additionally, you can arrange for a private car to take you to your hotel through ELS limo, please call (607) 753 9180 to make your reservation.
Directions From Ithaca Tompkins Airport to Cornell Law School:
Drive time from the airport to Cornell's campus is about 15 minutes.
- Head Northwest on Culligan Dr.
- Turn right onto Brown Road.
- Turn left onto Warren Road.
- Turn right onto NY-13 South.
- Take the Cayuga Heights Road exit.
- Turn left onto Cayuga Heights Road.
- Continue on Cayuga Heights Road, which will turn into Stewart Avenue.
- Turn left onto Campus Road and continue until you hit a parking lot on your right.
- Turn right into Cornell Law School's parking lot.
Alternative Transportation to and from Ithaca
- Campus to Campus - a luxury express bus between NYC and Ithaca that brings you directly to campus. Amenities include dependable wifi; snacks, coffee, tea, and other beverages; and reserved seating.
- BigRedBullet - an express bus with similar amenities, runs between NYC and downtown Ithaca near the library. Amenities include dependable wifi, snacks, bottled water, and reserved seating.
- ShortLine - offers both a local and express (called Ithaca Platinum Express) service to and from NYC, with multiple pickups and drop offs on campus. There are also ShortLine routes to areas throughout Central and Upstate New York as well as Ridgewood, New Jersey. Amenities on the express route include wifi, snacks, and bottled water.
- Amtrak runs many routes to Syracuse, NY. From there, you could rent a car or take the Ithaca Airline Limousine.
Getting around Ithaca
- Uber - Uber is available in Ithaca and surrounding areas.
- TCAT - This is the regional bus service serving the larger Tompkins county area. You can buy a pass in the second level of the Cornell Bookstore, or pay exact change when boarding.
- Taxi - Ithaca has several local taxi services, including Ithaca Dispatch, ASAP Cabs, and Collegetown Cabs. Most take credit cards, but be sure to have cash or ask when you call. Please keep in mind that it is not uncommon for the local cabs to pick up other passengers along your route, but if they do, they must have your consent and they must give you a slightly discounted fare.
- RedRoute is an app that works with local dispatches to call a cab in a similar manner to Uber, with estimated pickup times, ability to pay with a card, and tracking of your location throughout your trip.
Parking on the Cornell Campus
There will be a limited number of parking passes available for purchase. If you will need a parking pass for the conference, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org.