Capital Punishment: Post Conviction Litigation
This course will focus on death penalty post conviction litigation, specifically focusing on a few South Carolina Death Row cases.
What Will Be Taught
- Death penalty post conviction litigation
- Preparation of petitions, memorandums and briefs
What To Expect
This course is taught as a clinic, and students will work in the following areas:
- Read and research legal issues
- Assist in investigations
- Assist in preparation of briefs
- Involvement in discussions regarding the necessary investigation and strategy for the cases
Initial group meetings and discussion will be followed by individual meetings and group discussions of court papers. Some students will travel to South Carolina. For students involved in investigation, both instruction and supervision of early interviews will be provided.