Cars and Licenses
Many law students choose not to bring their cars to Cornell, and Ithaca maintains a comprehensive, reliable, and inexpensive bus service. Students who bring their cars feel that a car provides more flexibility.
Please consider the following before bringing your car to Ithaca:
- Parking close to campus can be limited and expensive.
- Parking in Collegetown is limited, and many students rent parking spots.
- Apartments in Collegetown are walking distance to the Law School.
- Apartments further from campus may be on a bus route and have unlimited parking, but it may not provide as much flexibility as living closer.
- Most of Tompkins County is served by the excellent TCAT bus service.
Campus Parking Resources
Cornell Parking Services
116 Maple Avenue
Transportation and Mail Services
Anything you will need to know about mail on-campus and transportation.
Public Transit Resources
TCAT (Tompkins County Area Transit)
Site includes comprehensive maps and interactive route finders.
Cars in New York
New York State DMV
301 Third Street