- Will I have the opportunity to use my skills?
- Will I get the support I need to grow and learn?
- How close does the job come to the characteristics of my ideal job?
- What is the compensation?
- What are the employers’ expectations?
- If it is a summer job, what is the chance of a permanent position?
- What are the chances for increased responsibility? If I think I will only work for this employer for a limited time (e.g., 2-3 years), will I get the experience I need to enhance my resume as I apply for the next job?
- How do I feel about this? (Trust your instincts!)
Choose what seems best to you, not what your friends, parents, or others think is best, most prestigious, or a good match.
Remember, if you discover that you made a “wrong” choice, you can make changes. We here at the Career Services Office will be ready to help you throughout your career.