Student Laptops and Security
To improve overall security for your computer please follow the 12 Steps Toward Securing a Windows or Macintosh Desktop document. This process is highly recommended by the Cornell University IT Security Office.
- Set good passwords
- Keep your software updated
- Run anti-virus software
- Keep your system free of spyware
- Approach e-mail attachments with care
- Beware of uncertain web links
- Limit access to your machine
- Run a personal firewall
- Monitor your network usage
- Be cautious in using peer-to-peer file sharing
- Turn your computer off when not in use
- Subscribe to CIT Alerts
Please click here to read more.