Admission, Tuition, and Financial Aid
The Summer Institute is open to:
- U.S. Law Students who have completed at least one year of law studies and are in good standing at a law school fully accredited by the American Bar Association or a state.
- Non-U.S. Law Students who have completed at least one year of law studies in their home country and are in good standing.
- Attorneys who have been licensed or admitted by the appropriate professional entity in their respective home countries.
Persons for whom English is not their native language must certify to the satisfaction of the Summer Institute, by submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score, letter from an instructor, or description of language instruction and experience, that they are competent to pursue instruction in English.
Enrollment is limited and early application is strongly encouraged. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis, until full, beginning in December 15, 2015. There is not a program deadline for applications, which will be accepted as long as spaces remain available. Applications will not be considered for admission until the file is complete (see application for details).
The application link will be available in late-december.
Apply for the Summer Institute.
Tuition and FeesA student may register for a total of one to six credits. Tuition and fees are based upon the total number of credits taken, as follows:
- One-two credits: US $3,500
- Three-four credits: US $4,000
- Five-six credits: US $4,500
Fees for French language classes (non-credit), Beginning or Intermediate: US $460
Please note that there is a non-refundable US $150 application fee that must be paid in order to be considered for admission.
The tuition and fees charge includes all books and course materials, which will be distributed in Paris.
Cornell StudentsOur financial aid office will work with you to secure loans. The process is relatively simple but please allow at least four weeks, in advance of the tuition due date, for loan processing.
The Cornell Law School
Financial Aid Office
240 Myron Taylor Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-4901