Anyone with a legitimate research interest in materials housed in the Rare Book Room of the Cornell Law Library is welcome to use them, subject to the following rules:
- Hours of access are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m., by appointment only.
- Appointments must be arranged with a Reference Librarian at least 24 hours in advance.
- Materials are available for use only in the Rare Book Room.
- Patrons may not bring book bags, briefcases, backpacks, coats, umbrellas, etc. into the Rare Book Room.
- No smoking, eating or drinking is allowed in the Rare Book Room or elsewhere in the Law Library.
- The use of pens is prohibited in the Rare Book Room; only pencils may be used.
- Photocopying of materials may be done by Law Library staff at the discretion of the Head of Public Services.