All cap and gown rentals will be ordered online from Herff Jones, Collegiate Cap & Gown Company, beginning January 23, 2017. All regalia must be ordered by 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. After that date the site is turned off. The total rental price is $72.55 ($67.18 + $5.37 sales tax). Before proceeding to the order page, please note the following instructions:
1. All Law School graduates, JDs, JSDs, and LLMs, will wear the same cap, gown and hood.
2. You will need your height (in feet and inches) and your hat size. If you do not know your hat size, you can download a hat tape measure from the Herff Jones ordering site or there will be a hat tape measure just outside Linda Majeroni's office (room 138) as well as a ruler to measure height by January 23, 2017--measure with a friend; it is easier. Please return tape measure to the same place when finished measuring.
3. Before going to the on-line order site, please print and follow the instructions below:
- Under "Search/Select Your School Name," please insert "Cornell University Law School" and click on magnifying glass.
- "Cornell University Law School" will come up as a link---click on the link
- Once selected the next page should give our convocation/graduation date as:
"Sunday, May 14, 2017"--if a different day appears, you need to go back to the start and re-enter as indicated above.
- When correct date/time appears, continue and select "Order Cap & Gown."
- Under "Select Appropriate Degree"--it only gives one choice--"Doctorate" (JDs, JSDs, LLMs, etc. all wear same regalia) select and continue, filling in the fields until all is completed.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation. Please save for your records.
4. Distribution of the regalia/photo and frame is one day only, Wednesday, April 19, 2017 in room G80.
- If you cannot be there to pick up your regalia, you must arrange for a friend to do so, there are no other alternatives. E-mail me the authorization with name of person picking up regalia/tkts for you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Try on the regalia before you leave the pick-up area--it is much easier to make exchanges then as opposed to later.
5. If you miss ordering by the cut off date, the company will be bringing extra regalia in various sizes to the Law School on the distribution date. You need to bring $72.55 plus $10 late fee, i.e. $82.55. Arrive early for the best selection.
6. If you are NOT participating in University Commencement (see below), the rented regalia needs to be turned in to the Herff Jones representative no later than 5:00 p.m. on Convocation Sunday, May 14. Turn-in location will be same as pick-up location.
7. Should you also wish to participate in University Commencement, Sunday, May 28 (and we encourage all students who will be in the area to do so), you may keep your rented regalia for the additional two weeks at no additional cost. The regalia should then be turned in that day to sites listed in the program.
Click here to proceed to order site--Will not be turned on until January 23, 2017.
If you have questions or problems, please do not hesitate to e-mail Linda Majeroni or telephone her at 255-6536.