Event Planning Instructions
CHECKLIST FOR EVENTS/PROGRAMS--Click
here for PDF Printable Checklist
2) Make budget request to GPSAFC in Student Organization's OrgSync Portal by the GPSAFC deadlines and prior to event date (GPSAFC will not award retroactively)--see below for specific speaker expenditures ineligible for GPSAFC funding. Determine if need to make additional special request up to $200 per event via GPSAFC. If other groups are co-sponsoring, those groups also need to make their respective GPSAFC budget request.
"Specific Expenditure Ineligible for GPSAFC Funding":
"Honorariums, travel expenses, and accommodation for alumni whose last degree from Cornell University was received within the last 5 years. Exceptions may be granted [when submitting a budget request] with the inclusion of a letter of support from the organization's advisor" Line 156. For list of all eligible and ineligible GPSAFC expenditures please see "Funding Guidelines 2017 -" at https://orgsync.com/69744/files/1231735/show
3) Based on GPSAFC budget request, determine if additional funds are needed after submitting Student Funding Activity Request form (see below) to L. Majeroni to discuss other possible funding sources.
4) Check the Cornell Law School calendar and make sure there are no conflicts ( http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/news-center/events.cfm) and then Request (also double check events for your day/hour-scroll completely to right checking "off-campus") a room using the Meeting Room Management (MRM) System, if in MTH. Fill out all sections of the MRM, i.e. facilities, communication, IT (AV support) as well as posting to Law School web based calendar.
5) Fill out Student Activity Funding Request Form and turn into L. Majeroni by the 15 th of month for following month . Discuss any questions/concerns with L. Majeroni anytime in the event planning process. L. Majeroni will assist with all aspects of programs/events.
6) Once budget is complete, all funding sources identified and approved-confirm with speakers.
7) Speaker(s) from private sector employers (firms/corporations) notify Jamie Canfield (JC2666) in Career Services. Speakers from public sector (public interest/government) contact Akua Oforiwa Akyea (AOA28). Alumni speakers, contact Kristine Hoffmeister in Alumni Affairs (KSH54)
8) Make sure that all advertisements, e-mails, etc. has the name of your student organization along with these lines: "Funded by the GPSAFC", "Open to the Graduate Community" and "Please contact (name of event host) at (netID of the host) for any special arrangements you may require in order to attend this event".
9) Programs/Events using GPSAFC
funds MUST advertise using the University calendar.
Instructions for adding events to University Calendar:
Please go to: http://events.cornell.edu
Click on the “submit an event” in the upper
right hand of the page. It will ask you to log in with your NED ID
Add the date, the title, the description (after
you describe your event, add the GPSAFC required language, ("Funded by the
GPSAFC", "Open to the Graduate Community" and "Please
contact (name of event host) at (netID of the host) for any special
arrangements you may require in order to attend this event"), complete all
the fields to the end, you can even upload an image if you wish.
· Once submitted, please then go to the University calendar, locate the date of your event, locate the event you submitted, copy and paste the link in an e-mail to me (email@example.com). I’ll print it out and attach it to the GPSAFC back-up.10) If Facility or AV support is requested via the MRM reservation process. An e-mail is generated--follow instructions to complete the those requests for any event/program held at Law School.
11) Event Registration Form ( http://www.activities.cornell.edu/EventReg/) must be filled out 3 weeks prior to start date IF you can say "yes" to any of these statements: 1) event is being held outdoors; 2) has over 200 people--or over 50 if using GPSFAC funding; 3) fund raising; 4) is serving alcohol (see http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/studentlife/eventplanning/Alcohol-Policy.cfm) Student organizations may be fined for late filing, or lack of filing an Event Registration Form.