Event Planning Instructions
CHECKLIST FOR EVENTS/PROGRAMS--Click
here for PDF Printable Checklist
2) Make budget request to GPSAFC in Student Organization's OrgSync Portal by the GPSAFC deadlines and prior to event date (GPSAFC will not award retroactively)--see below for specific speaker expenditures ineligible for GPSAFC funding. Determine if need to make additional special request up to $200 per event via GPSAFC. If other groups are co-sponsoring, those groups also need to make their respective GPSAFC budget request.
"Specific Expenditure Ineligible for GPSAFC Funding":
"Honorariums, travel expenses, and accommodation for alumni whose last degree from Cornell University was received within the last 5 years. Exceptions may be granted [when submitting a budget request] with the inclusion of a letter of support from the organization's advisor" Line 156. For list of all eligible and ineligible GPSAFC expenditures please see "Funding Guidelines 2017 -" at https://orgsync.com/69744/files/1231735/show
3) Based on GPSAFC budget request, determine if additional funds are needed after submitting Student Funding Activity Request form (see below) to L. Majeroni to discuss other possible funding sources.
4) Check the Cornell Law School calendar and make sure there are no conflicts ( http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/news-center/events.cfm) and then Request (also double check events for your day/hour-scroll completely to right checking "off-campus") a room using the Meeting Room Management (MRM) System, if in MTH. Fill out all sections of the MRM, i.e. facilities, communication, IT (AV support) as well as posting to Law School web based calendar.
5) Fill out Student Activity Funding Request Form and turn into L. Majeroni by the 15 th of month for following month . Discuss any questions/concerns with L. Majeroni anytime in the event planning process. L. Majeroni will assist with all aspects of programs/events.
6) Once budget is complete, all funding sources identified and approved-confirm with speakers.
7) Speaker(s) from private sector employers (firms/corporations) notify Jamie Canfield (JC2666) in Career Services. Speakers from public sector (public interest/government) contact Akua Oforiwa Akyea (AOA28). Alumni speakers, contact Kristine Hoffmeister in Alumni Affairs (KSH54)
8) Make sure that all advertisements, e-mails, etc. has the name of your student organization along with these lines: "Funded by the GPSAFC", "Open to the Graduate Community" and "Please contact (name of event host) at (netID of the host) for any special arrangements you may require in order to attend this event". Forward advertising e-mail/flyer to Linda as this document is required to access GPSAFC funds.
Events at MTH: Must contact the Facilities Office Karen Bailey (kmn6) and confirm arrangements.
9) AV support is requested via the MRM reservation process. An e-mail is generated--follow instructions to complete the AV request for any event/program held at Law School.
10) Event Registration Form ( http://www.activities.cornell.edu/EventReg/) must be filled out 3 weeks prior to start date IF you can say "yes" to any of these statements: 1) event is being held outdoors; 2) has over 200 people--or over 50 if using GPSFAC funding; 3) is serving alcohol (see http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/studentlife/eventplanning/Alcohol-Policy.cfm) Student organizations may be fined for late filing, or lack of filing an Event Registration Form.