Student Event Planning
Welcome to Cornell Law School Student Event Information website. Please use the navigation bar at left to maneuver through the site. Questions, please e-mail Linda Majeroni or phone 255-6536.
- All student event requests for the following month, must be in by the 15th of the previous month. Example: Events for November must be submitted by October 15th This requirement is waived for the month of September.
- All Student Organizations (excluding CLSA) must finalize and have completed all their events, activities and programs by and including Sunday, April 16, 2017.
Power Point Event Planning Presentation:
The Event Planning Information Power Point Presentation in PDF format can be found here for review and easy reference. If you were not able to attend either session, please make an appointment with Linda Majeroni to follow up with questions, explanations, etc.
Creating publicity images using Cornell Law School templates:
1) Click on the link (provided below). Microsoft 365 home page will open. Login: YOUR Cornell NET ID
2) The page will then re-direct to "Cornell University" where your Cornell e-mail address will be automatically inserted. Then type in your password in appropriate place which is:
Password: YOUR Cornell password
2) Office 365 will open with the title "Law Student Event Templates"
3) Double click on "CLS-Student-Event-Templates"
4) Box will open asking you to "Open with Windows Explorer" click on Open and then click on OK
5) Then click on CLS Student Event Folder
6) Template options will open with indicating color of background.
7) Click on color chosen and then choose which option, i.e. 1 speaker, 2 speaker, etc.—will open in PowerPoint
8) Edit the power point slide, inserting the name of your group, title, speaker(s), images, date, time, place, etc. ---want to be as specific and concise as possible—be sure to include "Who, What, Where and When". Use MRM in the general tab "Event Description" to provide more detailed descriptions of the program that will appear on the Law School calendar. When it comes to poster type images, this is the time when less is actually more.
9) In the Slide---in the box where it now says "Free and open to the public"---if the group is using ANY GPSAFC funds for ANY expenses, no matter how small that expense, in order to actually access those funds, GPSAFC REQIRES that you insert the tag line "Co-sponsored by GPSAFC and Open to the Graduate Community". Please insert all other funding sources in this location as well.
10) When done, save as a PDF and/or PNG from the pull down menu under "save as type" (saving it directly to jpg from PowerPoint results in a lower quality image).
11) You will receive a prompt asking to save every slide or current slide; click on "current slide only"
12) The PDF can be saved as a jpg in Adobe Acrobat Pro (which is not a free application). Adobe Acrobat Pro IS installed in the Law School's computer lab so students can use those systems to create the jpg file13) Attach saved file in whatever format chosen to e-mails, print for posting, etc.