Conferences and Events
- Panel Event: Custodial Violence Against Women. On March 13, 2013, Avon Global Center Executive Director, Elizabeth Brundige, participated in a panel convened by Rashida Manjoo, Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, during the 57th Annual United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.
- Film Screening: The Lightening Testimonies. On April 2, 2012, The Avon Global Center, Kriti Film Club, and Cornell Advocates for Human Rights presented a film
that reflects upon a history of conflict in the Indian subcontinent through
experiences of sexual violence.
- Film Screening: Crime After Crime. On July 7, 2011, the Avon Global Center, STEPS to End Family Violence and the Women in Prison Project of the Correctional Association of NY hosted in New York City a special screening of an award-winning documentary that chronicles the experiences of a domestic violence survivor-defendant navigating the criminal justice system.
- Virtue Foundation 2011 Senior Roundtable on Women and the Judiciary. From March 31 to April 1, 2011, the Center collaborated with the Virtue Foundation and others partners in bringing together senior women judges from 20 countries to discuss strategies for increasing the participation of women in the judiciary, in order to improve access to justice, especially for women and girls.
- Women & Global Justice Speaker Series. In coordination with the Dorothea S. Clarke Program in Feminist Jurisprudence, the Avon Global Center organized a series of presentations on emerging issues in the field of gender-based violence. Audio and Video recordings available.