Past Avon Global Center Events
- Film: The Lightening Testimonies. On April 2, 2012, The Avon Global Center, Kriti Film Club, and Cornell Advocates for Human Rights presented a film that reflects upon a history of conflict in the Indian subcontinent through experiences of sexual violence.
- Roundtable: Virtue Foundation 2012 Senior Roundtable on Women in the Judiciary. On March 7-8, 2012, the Avon Global Center co-hosted a roundtable event, which convened over 30 distinguished judges from all regions of the world to discuss the role of national constitutions and the judges who apply them in advancing gender equality.
- Conference: National Association of Women Judges 2011 Annual Conference. The Avon Global Center was a supporting organization of the NAWJ 2011 Annual Conference and participated in its Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Symposium on International Women's Rights on October 14, 2011.
- Film: Crime After Crime. On July 7, 2011, the Avon Global Center, STEPS to End Family Violence and the Women in Prison Project of the Correctional Association of NY hosted in New York City a special screening of an award-winning documentary that chronicles the experiences of a domestic violence survivor-defendant navigating the criminal justice system.
- Roundtable: Domestic Violence and Women's Incarceration for Virtue Foundation Ghana Jurists in Residence. On April 25, 2011, the Avon Global Center organized a discussion in New York City for five Ghanaian Women judges, centered on the intersection of domestic violence and women's incarceration.
- Roundtable: Virtue Foundation 2011 Senior Roundtable on Women and the Judiciary. From March 31 to April 1, 2011, the Center collaborated with the Virtue Foundation and others partners in bringing together senior women judges from 20 countries to discuss strategies for increasing the participation of women in the judiciary, in order to improve access to justice, especially for women and girls.
- Panel: "From Protection to Punishment: Barriers to Justice for Domestic Violence Survivor-Defendants in New York State." On March 14, 2011, the Avon Global Center hosted a panel discussion and reception co-sponsored with the Women in Prison Project of the Correctional Association of New York and the National Association of Women Judges, New York Chapter, Women in Prison Committee. Audio recordings available.
- Visitors: Avon Global Center hosts third U.S. Department of State International Visitors Group on Women and Justice. On March 8, 2011, the Avon Global Center hosted an international delegation of prominent women legal professionals through the U.S. Department of State International Visitors Program on Women and Justice.
- Panel: Combating Acid Violence. On January 27, 2011, the Avon Global Center hosted a panel and launched the Center's report examining acid attacks in Bangladesh, Cambodia, and India.
- Visitors: Avon Global Center hosts U.S. Department of State International Visitors Program. On March 15, 2010 and June 21, 2010, the Avon Global Center hosted an international delegation of prominent women leaders through the U.S. Department of State International Visitors Program on Women and Justice.
- Women & Global Justice Speaker Series. In coordination with the Dorothea S. Clarke Program in Feminist Jurisprudence, the Avon Global Center organized a series of presentations on emerging issues in the field of gender-based violence. Audio and Video recordings available.