Past Women & Justice Conferences
- 2015 Conference: Women, Prisons, and Gender-Based Violence. On April 14-15, 2015, the Avon Global Center hosted a conference and senior judicial roundtable in Washington, D.C., on the role of judges around the world in addressing the pathways that lead to women's imprisonment, improving the conditions that women experience in prison, and ameliorating the negative consequences of imprisonment on women and their families.
- 2013 Conference: State Responsibility to End Violence Against Women. On December 10-12, 2013, the Avon Global Center hosted a conference and senior judicial roundtable at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, NY on the state responsibility to end violence against women, the due diligence principle and the role of judges.
- 2012 Conference: Sexual Violence Against Girls in Southern Africa. On October 18-19, 2012, the Avon Global Center hosted a conference featuring several public events and a judicial colloquium on the problem of violence against girls in southern Africa.
- 2011 Conference: Gender-Based Violence and Justice in South Asia. On October 22-23, 2011, the Avon Global Center, in cooperation with Jindal Global Law School, hosted a conference bringing together judges, practitioners and scholars to discuss issues in gender justice in South Asia.
- 2010 Conference: Gender-Based Violence and Access to Justice in Conflict and Post-Conflict Areas. On March 12, 2010, the Avon Global Center hosted a conference bringing together judges, practitioners and scholars to discuss emerging issues in gender justice and the prosecution of gender-based violence crimes. Audio and Video recordings available.