Organization of American States
Treaties, Declarations & Protocols:
- Charter of the Organization of American States (OAS Charter), 1948 Promotes peace in the region and protects human rights, including the right to non-discrimination.
- American Declaration of the Rights and Duties of Man, 1948 Protects civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights and promotes principles of non-discrimination and equality.
- American Convention on Human Rights (Pact of San Jose), 1969 Protects civil and political rights and promotes principles of non-discrimination and equality.
- Additional Protocol to the American Convention on Human Rights in the Area of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (Protocol of San Salvador), 1999 Protects economic, social and cultural rights.
- Inter-American Convention on the Granting of Civil Rights to Women, 1949 Protects civil rights of women.
- Inter-American Convention on the Granting of Political Rights to Women, 1949 Protects political rights of women.
- Inter-American Convention on the Prevention, Punishment, and Eradication of Violence Against Women (Convention of Belém do Pará), 1994 Protects women from all forms of gender-based violence.
- Inter-American Convention on International Traffic in Minors, 1994 Prohibits trafficking in children, including girls.
- Inter-American Convention to Prevent and Punish Torture, 1985 Prohibits torture in all forms.
- Implementation of the Inter-American Program on the Promotion of Women's Human Rights and Gender Equity and Equality, 2002 Promotes women's human rights and gender equality.
- Convention on the Nationality of Women, 1933 Protects women's right to nationality.