Southern African Development Community
- SADC Charter of Fundamental Rights, 2003 Protects fundamental rights, including rights to non-discrimination and equal treatment.
- Communique Issued at the SADC Ministerial Conference on the Development of Strategic Plan of Action on Combating Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children in the SADC Region, 2009 Prohibits trafficking in women and girls.
- SADC Declaration on Gender and Development, 1997 Declares and promotes gender equality as a fundamental human right.
- SADC Declaration on HIV/AIDS, 2003 Promotes gender equality to prevent HIV/AIDS.
- SADC Protocol on Gender and Development, 2008 Promotes gender equality, access and empowerment and protects fundamental rights.