The Women and Global Justice Speaker Series is organized by the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice and sponsored by the Dorothea S. Clarke Program in Feminist Jurisprudence. There is no cost to attend these events, but reservations are required. Lunch will be served. Please email us to reserve a seat.
- Advocating for Victims of Acid Attacks through Public Interest Litigation in the State of Karnataka, India. Sheela Ramanathan (Director, Human Rights Law Network, Bangalore Unit). April 27, 2010. Watch video.
- The Ithaca Premiere of STORM. Willard Straight Theatre. April 7, 12 & 13, 2010.
- Responding to Atrocity with International Tribunals: The Case of the ICTY. Professor Jens D. Ohlin (Assistant Professor of Law, Cornell Law School). April 13, 2010.
- Impressive Progress Alongside Persistent Problems: Promoting Gender Fairness in U.S. Courts. Lynn Hecht Schafran (Director, National Judicial Education Program and Senior Vice-President, Legal Momentum Judicial Education Program). April 8, 2010. Watch video. Listen to audio.
- Protecting Human Rights and Improving Access to Justice in Ghana. Chief Justice Georgina Wood (Supreme Court, Ghana). April 1, 2010. Watch video.
- Barriers to Justice Faced by Domestic Violence Survivors as Criminal Defendants. Tamar Kraft-Stolar (Director, Women in Prison Project at the Correctional Association of New York), Jesenia A. Santana (Legal Services Coordinator, STEPS to End Family Violence). February 24, 2010. Read the news story. Watch video. Listen to audio.