The Cornell Law School Alumni Association Executive Board is a group of alumni that give voice to the interests of alumni at large-over 10,000 graduates. They work to ensure alumni participation is a key component of the Law School. Their objectives are to foster a closer association between the Law School and its alumni and among its alumni. They promote the interest and welfare of the Law School and promote the practice of law and the highest standards of learning and ethics in the legal profession.
There are a variety of ways by which you can get involved. We encourage and invite alumni to host or sponsor an event; serve on a discussion panel; or simply attend an alumni gathering. We are always looking for new and fresh ideas and invite you to submit comments or topic suggestions for programs and receptions throughout the year.
The Mission of the Cornell Law School Alumni Association is:
- To foster and maintain a close association between Cornell Law School ("CLS") and its alumni
- To reach, serve, engage and build relationships among CLS alumni
- To create forums for students and alumni to interact
- To support and where appropriate, advise on student recruitment and job placement
- To collaborate with the Dean, the Advisory Council, the Board of Trustees and the Alumni Development Department to support and, where appropriate, advise on the goals, initiatives and the strategic plans of CLS
- To promote the interest and welfare of CLS, its alumni and students
- To promote the practice of law and the highest standards of learning and ethics in the legal profession.
The vision of the Cornell Law School Alumni Association is to build a global community of alumni who are engaged and committed to supporting the law school in its mission to "keep its instruction strong, its standards high," and to produce lawyers in the best sense.
Cornell Law Alumni Association Executive Board Members
Leslie A. Wheelock, JD '84, MBA '84 President, Cornell Law School Alumni Association Executive Board of Directors
Former Department Officer, Principal Advisor to the Secretary & Director of the Office of Tribal Relations, US Dept. of Agriculture
Donald R. Frederico, JD '79 Vice President, Cornell Law School Alumni Association Executive Board of Directors
Pierce Atwood LLP
Timothy E. Bixler, JD '93 Strand Trading/Bixler Capital
Manhattan Beach, CA
Adam Colon, BS '04, JD '07 The Hearst Corporation
New York, NY
Jeffrey S. Estabrook, AB '80, JD '83 USLI
Daniel Isaacson, LLM '16 Cooley LLP
San Francisco, CA
Nathaniel D. Isaacson, JD '07 Sloan Valve Company
Franklin Park, IL
Daniel S. Jo, JD '03 Silver Golub & Teitell
Thomas Knecht, JD '17 Public Policy & Politics
Kris Kully, JD '94 Mayer Brown
Lori P. Lewis, JD '10 Covenant House New Jersey
Irene Oria, JD '99 FisherBroyles LLP
Victoria Pepper, JD '83 Adjunct Professor, Flagler College
St. Augustine, FL
Mohammad Usman Piracha, LLM '16 Silzer Law Chartered
Jersey City, NJ
Sonya Olds Som, JD '97 Heidrick & Struggles International, Inc.
Kimberly Taylor, JD '05 The Charles Schwab Corporation
San Francisco, CA
Michael Wright, JD '94 US Department of Justice
Houston, TX/Washington, DC
Geoff YOUng, JD '06 Reed Smith, LLP
New York, NY