Apply for Jobs
What is the most efficient way to apply for legal positions to maximize your outcomes?
- Speak with a career counselor.
Appointments: Lisa Carberry at (607) 255-5873
- Contact an alumni mentor.
- Review on-line resources for detailed information and rankings.
- If you are interested in pro bono work at law firms, read advice on how to evaluate firms' commitment to pro bono.
Where can you learn of current job openings?
- Visit Symplicity: all jobs sent to Cornell Law are posted here.
What is the typical timing for hiring?
- Visit our Timing Your Application pages for a full discussion of employers and their timelines for summer and permanent hiring.
Applying for positions during the Fall Recruiting season?
- From June to October, visit our Fall Recruiting subsite.
- From November to May, talk to a counselor about how you can prepare for the upcoming Fall Recruiting season.