Center Publications and Reports
Cornell Center for Women and Justice Reports
- Handbook on Juvenile Law in Zambia (2014)
The Handbook aims to function as a practice guide for judicial officials and legal practitioners who work in the area of juvenile law. It addresses a range of issues from the constitutional, statutory, and human rights framework of juvenile law, special issues that arise in cases of child sexual abuse, and procedural protections for juvenile witnesses.
- Sexual Violence by Educators in South African Schools: Gaps in Accountability (2014)
The Centre for Applied Legal Studies at the University of Witwatersrand and Avon Global Center for Women and Justice at Cornell Law School released a joint report on sexual violence committed by educators against students in South African schools.
- Women in Prison in Argentina: Causes, Conditions, and Consequences (2013)
Report by the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice and International Human Rights Clinic, University of Chicago Law School's International Human Rights Clinic, and the Public Defender's Office in Argentina finding that women and their families are disproportionately affected by the harsh penalties imposed for low-level drug offences in Argentina.
- "They are Destroying Our Futures" Sexual Violence Against Girls in Zambia's Schools (2012)
A report by the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice at Cornell Law School, Women and Law in Southern Africa-Zambia, and the Cornell Law School International Human Rights Clinic examining the problem of sexual violence against girls in school in Zambia.
- Combating Acid Violence in Bangladesh, Cambodia, and India (2011)
A Report by the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice at Cornell Law School, the Committee on International Human Rights of the New York City Bar Association, the Cornell Law School International Human Rights Clinic, and the Virtue Foundation, Combating Acid Violence in Bangladesh, Cambodia, and India.
- From Protection to Punishment: Post-Conviction Barriers to Justice for Domestic Violence Survivor-Defendants in New York State (2011)
A study on the barriers to justice faced by women survivors of violence who enter the criminal system as defendants in New York State.
Women and Justice Conference Reports
- Avon Global Center 2013 Women and Justice Conference Report
In December 2013, the Avon Global Center hosted its annual conference in New York, NY on "State Responsibility to End Violence Against Women: The Due Diligence Principle and the Role of Judges."
- Avon Global Center 2012 Women and Justice Conference Report
In December 2012, the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice hosted its annual conference. The topic for 2012 was addressing sexual violence against girls in Southern Africa.
- Avon Global Center 2011 Women and Justice Conference Report
In 2011, the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice hosted a conference in New Delhi, India on the theme "Gender-Based Violence and Justice in South Asia."
- Avon Global Center 2010 Women and Justice Conference Report
In 2010, the Avon Global Center for Women and Justice held a conference in Washington, DC to discuss advances and obstacles to securing justice for women and girls in conflict and post-conflict areas.
Checklists and Guides
- Analysis of Jurisprudence Involving Sexual and other Gender-Based Violence During Conflict
This chart summarizes and analyzes gender-based violence cases before international war crimes tribunals and special courts.
- Checklist for Domestic Application of International Law
This reference guide aims to assist judges and other legal professionals in applying international law in domestic courts.
Memoranda Prepared in response to judicial requests