Master of Science in Legal Studies - Online (MSLS)
This master's degree in legal studies from Cornell Law School is designed specifically for business professionals. Whether your role involves compliance, risk management, contracts and business deals, human resources, or finance, this program will prepare you to apply the language and concepts of U.S. law to the opportunities and challenges facing your company.
You will graduate ready to navigate your organization’s most urgent regulatory and legal issues, and will develop the skills you need to be a confident and informed partner to your legal team. This means being able to make sense of legal language, relate and apply legal concepts to the business realities you face on the ground, and spot potential issues before they become costly and difficult legal problems.download a transcript of this video.
Meet Our Faculty
You will learn from some of the world’s most distinguished law professors and practicing lawyers. Read more about our faculty.
Covering key areas ranging from contracts and negotiations, to corporate governance and compliance, to employment and immigration law, to privacy and intellectual property issues, the courses in this degree program will help you develop a sense of how the law works, along with the deeper regulatory knowledge and frontline skills in legal research, effective communication, and critical reasoning needed to work at the intersection of business and law.
• Program instruction start date: January 19, 2021
• Program length: 20 months, with 15-20 hours of study per week recommended
• Choose from electives in topics such as healthcare and technology, privacy and security, and finance
• 19 online courses
• Two one-week intensive summer sessions at Cornell University’s Ithaca campus
• Capstone project
How to Apply
• Apply by July 15th
• Cornell Law School Application fee: $80 (contact our Admissions Counselors about possible waivers)
• LSAC Service fees: $115 total
• Additional Document Assembly Fees may apply to transcripts from Foregin Institutions.
Tuition and Aid
Tuition for the program is $54,500. Students are eligible to apply for federal Stafford loans as well as take advantage of Veteran’s Programs participated in by the Cornell Law School.
• General information on federal loans
• Information on Veterans Education benefits
• The federal loan application
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent international degree
• Resumé demonstrating five years of relevant professional experience
• Transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended
• Letter of recommendation
• Statement of purpose
• International students for whom English is not your first language, please provide TOEFL or IELTS scores
• GRE, GMAT, LSAT scores are not required
To learn more about this program, request information here or contact MSLS Admissions Counselors: