VIDEO INTERVIEWING: TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- We can facilitate connections using IP, Google Hangouts, WebEx, Skype, Zoom, Bluejeans, or other third-party connections.
- Cornell Law School uses both web-based and hardware-based technology.
- We have the ability to share content (PowerPoint, Word, websites, etc.) with remote parties.
- A test connection must be conducted at least three business days prior to the actual interview.
If you would like to schedule a video interview, please contact the Law School AV department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following in your request:
- Requested time and date for the interview
- Name of the remote site
- Email and/or Phone for the remote contact for test purposes
Scheduling for the Studio is first come, first serve. We will do everything possible to accommodate all interested students.
SkypeEmployers are increasingly turning to Skype as a free, easy-to-use technology for virtual interviews. Most laptops bought within the last few years contain the requisite technology for using Skype. However, for students who do not have this technology, the IT Department has computer microphones and video cameras available to borrow.
Many employer, particularly those interviewing for 1L summer interns, will be satisfied with a simple telephone interview. Just be sure to sit in a quiet area with good cell reception so that you are not distracted during your call.